Fiancé/Fiancée Visa

The fiancé/fiancée visa is known as the K-1. A K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa that permits a foreign national fiancé/fiancée of an U.S. citizen to travel to the United States to marry the petitioning U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of admission to the country.

The program is a combined process involving U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the U.S. Department of State (DOS) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

How To Get A K-1 Fiancé/Fiancée Visa

There are five major steps to obtain a fiancé/fiancée visa:

  • Step 1: Classify the petition through the USCIS
  • Step 2: Visa application through the DOS
  • Step 3: Inspection at the boarder or point of entry through the CBP
  • Step 4: Adjustment of status through USCIS
  • Step 5: Removal of conditions

Our Ann Arbor Immigration Attorneys

Faupel Musser Love, P.C., in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is ready to discuss your legal issue. Please call one of our skilled immigration attorneys at 734-881-9484 or contact us online.