Consultation And Expert Witness Services

Sometimes the court or the parties need more information to make decisions in a case. The court can appoint an expert on its own, or the parties can individually or jointly petition for the appointment of an expert. Experts can evaluate mental health, appraise property, recommend child or spousal support, or opine on other specialized subjects. A party can always get an evaluation on an issue, but the party cannot force the other party to participate in an evaluation without a court order. Further, if parents have joint legal custody, neither party should have a child evaluated without the other party's knowledge or consent.

Michigan attorney Marian Faupel has been used as an expert by other attorneys because of her vast experience in family law, adoption law and other areas of law. She is available to testify as an expert and to consult with other attorneys on challenging cases.

Faupel Musser Love, P.C., in Ann Arbor, Michigan is ready to discuss your legal issue. Please call one of our skilled attorneys at 734-881-9484 or contact us online.