Free 15 Minute Phone Consultation (734) 677-0776

United States Fiancé / Fiancée Visa

The fiancé / fiancée visa is known as the K-1. A K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa that permits a foreign national fiancé / fiancée of a U.S. citizen to travel to the United States to marry the petitioning U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of admission to the country.

The program is a combined process involving U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), U.S. Department of State (DOS), and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

How to Get a K-1 Fiancé / Fiancée Visa

There are five major steps to obtain a fiancé / fiancée visa:

  • Step 1, classify the petition through the USCIS.
  • Step 2, visa application through the DOS.
  • Step 3, inspection at the boarder or point of entry through the CBP.
  • Step 4, adjustment of status through USCIS.
  • The final 5th step is the removal of conditions.

Our Ann Arbor Immigration Attorneys

Faupel Musser Love, P.C. in Ann Arbor, Michigan is ready to discuss your legal issue, please call one of our skilled immigration attorneys at (734) 677-0776 or contact Faupel Musser Love online or via e-mail.

Contact Us For More Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.